Webcast: Best Practices for Migrating from Solaris to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Migrating your mission-critical workloads from one operating system to another is not a trivial process. To ensure a smooth migration, you need careful planning to avoid any significant downtime and service interruption for your enterprise. Experts from Novell and Ziff Davis will discuss best practices for migrating from Solaris to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
This Webcast is perfect for solution providers that have customers or prospects that are running Solaris in production. Skip Paul (Novell, Systems Engineer), Kerry Kim (Novell, Product Marketing Manager) and Joseph Maglitta (Ziff Davis, Editorial Director) will discuss best practices for migrating mission-critical applications from Solaris to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
Attend this live Webcast and learn about:
* Cost savings and performance of using Linux and industry-standard x86 hardware over proprietary systems
* Why you should migrate and how to determine your ROI
* Examples of high level migration road maps
* Advice on how to to determine what workloads are appropriate to transition first
* Zero-risk migration assessment for your specific environment