5 Benefits of the SQL Server on SUSE Linux Early Adopter Program
Ever since we announced Microsoft SQL Server v.Next was coming to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server earlier this year, we’ve been fielding inquiries from customers and partners eager to take the next step. Many have, and we look forward to supporting many more in the Early Adopter Program!
With the SQL EAP + SUSE program you can get to the front of the line running SQL Server v.Next on Linux to realize the reduced TCO, best-in-class security and performance that SQL Server on SUSE can deliver for your modernized stack.
Who should join the SQL EAP?
In a recent webinar with Microsoft we explored just how easy it is to begin using SQL Server on SUSE Linux, and even demoed an HA cluster in action. Many partners and customer have already started testing it out – but we wanted to highlight the immense value of the SQL EAP program which is perfect for ISVs, Partners, and Customers looking to engage with Microsoft and SUSE before general availability later this year. For those customers looking to move from Oracle databases, there’s even a special migration assistance program available until June 30th, 2017.
Whether you are looking to leverage SQL Server on Linux as a core development platform, test and validate applications, or wanting to try out new features such as Adaptive Query Processing or High Availability of SQL Server on Linux – there are a number of benefits that might pique your interest.
Perks of the SQL EAP:
- Buddy System: Provide feedback directly to the SQL Server engineering team and influence the SQL Server on Linux experience through a Program Manager Buddy who can help scope your project and connect you with the right people
- Customer Lab: participants in the program have the opportunity to engage and test workloads with the SQL Customer Advisory Team Customer Lab
- Influence the Experience: try out new features, discuss feature design with PMs, and help prioritize product requirements for SQL Server v.Next
- Private Community Forum: You will have access to an exclusive Yammer group for SQL EAP customers to learn from each other (under NDA)
- Full Support: for customers going into production you will be fully supported via a special support channel provided to raise cases for SQL Server v.Next. The SQL Server engineering team will be backing up the Microsoft Support team to provide assistance as needed and customers in production will also have support for release-to-release upgrades
Gain the ability to deploy SQL Server vNext in production prior to general availability later this year with the SQL EAP and know that SUSE will be fully engaged alongside your EAP journey. Join the EAP by filling out the form found here: https://aka.ms/mssql-suse
For those partners and customers moving Oracle databases to Microsoft – learn more about a subsidized migration path to SQL Server including free training and deployment services here.